Save the Date
For More Information Call: (406) 200-7454
For your convince NSLA will also offer a day-long training for the founding, operation, and management of sober living homes. This informative training includes best practices that we have compiled from homes across the nation. It is free for members and $150 for non-members. To pre-register for the training on Tuesday Oct. 10th, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
NSLA Annual Training Tuesday, October 10th
Tuscany Hotel& Casino in Las Vegas
2023 NSLA Annual Conference
Wednesday, October 11th, 2023
8:00am – 5:15pm Tuscanny Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas (Lunch included)
for NSLA Members
MORE ABOUT TUSCANY SUITES
v PROUDLY OFFERING 3 DELICIOUS AWARD WINNING DINING OPTIONS
- Tuscany Gardens, a fine dining Italian restaurant offering outdoor seating with panoramic views of the Tuscany Garden
- Marilyn’s Café serving all-day breakfast
- PUB 3.6.5. features a selection of 365 rotating craft beers and traditional pub fare with a modern spin indulging small bites, mouthwatering burgers, and locally world-famous tacos
- Caffé Bottega our relaxed, Italian style eatery offering fresh baked pastries, tasty breakfast sandwiches and Stumptown Coffee Roasters coffee. For a quick bite, try one of our artisanal flatbreads, Panini, soup or fresh salads
v LUXURIOUS HOTEL AMENITIES
¨ Spa – Offering a variety of massage treatments and packages for the ultimate tranquility to leave you relaxed and recharged
¨ Fitness Center – The fitness center offers a combination of cardio machines, circuit weights, stretching space, and free weights available
¨ Hotel Pools – Start your morning in our heated lap pool or relax with a delectable cocktail in the Las Vegas sun near our lagoon-style pool. Open year-round
Schedule & Speakers:
Tuesday, October 10: Training for Owner Operators, Administrators, and House Managers
- 9:00-11:30 AM – NSLA Training: Kick off the conference with a special NSLA training session.
- 1:00 PM – Social Issues Around Sober Living Space: Explore the complexities of sober living spaces, including community integration, stigma reduction, and neighborhood relations. Learn effective strategies to address and mitigate these challenges.
- 3:00 PM – Narcan Training: Equip yourself with the life-saving skills needed to administer Narcan, a medication that reverses opioid overdoses. Be prepared to respond effectively in overdose situations.
- 3:30 PM – Mental Health First Aid: Gain valuable insights into providing initial support for individuals facing mental health crises or substance use challenges. This training will help you recognize signs and symptoms and connect individuals to appropriate resources.
- 3:30 PM – Alumni and Former House Members: Explore the importance of maintaining connections with alumni and former residents. Learn how to create a supportive alumni network that benefits both current residents and your organization.
- 4:30 PM – Recovery Tour: Embark on a guided tour to discover various recovery resources and facilities in your community. Gain valuable insights into the recovery support available to individuals seeking help.
Wednesday, October 11: Working with Treatment Centers
- 9:00 AM – Recovery Capital Index: Learn how to assess and enhance an individual’s recovery capital, encompassing their internal and external resources for achieving and maintaining recovery. Support your residents in building a strong foundation for their recovery journey.
- 10:00 AM – Canva, Social Media, and AI: Explore the power of Canva, social media platforms, and artificial intelligence in effectively communicating your message and engaging with your audience. Discover how to leverage these tools to promote your sober living community and its mission.
- 10:45 AM – Community Development Funds: Discover strategies for leveraging community development funds and securing financing from banks to expand your sober living facilities. Navigate the financial aspects of growing your program successfully.
- 11:30 AM – Working with Treatment Centers: Delve into essential aspects of collaborating with treatment centers, including partnership development, referral processes, communication strategies, shared resources, and real-world case studies showcasing successful collaborations.
- 12:15 PM – Lunch
- 1:00 PM – Growing Your Donor Base and Community Support: Learn effective strategies for expanding your donor base and fostering community support for your sober living initiative. Discover fundraising and community engagement techniques to ensure program sustainability.
- 2:15 PM – Education – Studies and Outcomes: Explore the impact of education and skill-building programs on residents’ recovery outcomes. Dive into studies and outcomes that highlight the value of educational initiatives in sober living environments.
- 3:00 PM – Synthetics and Designer Drugs: Stay informed about emerging synthetic and designer drugs that may pose risks to residents. Learn how to recognize and respond to potential issues related to these substances.
- 3:45 PM – Q & A for Administrators: Engage in a question-and-answer session tailored for administrators. Discuss strategies, challenges, and best practices for running a profitable and sustainable sober living program.
Join Us for This Transformative Experience
Please note that the schedule is subject to change, and additional details and speakers will be provided closer to the event. We look forward to your participation in these informative and engaging sessions to enhance your expertise in the field of sober living. Don’t miss out on this opportunity to make a difference in the lives of those on their journey to recovery
Cost: $100.00 NSLA. $200.00 Non-members