The National Sober Living Association (NSLA) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting excellence, support, certification, inspection, and operation/management training for 12 Step, abstinence-based recovery & sober living homes and Recovery Centers.
Every day women and men who are suffering from alcoholism and addiction find recovery, support and safe housing in our member’s top quality sober living homes. Research has shown that sober living homes are among the most effective resources in promoting life-long recovery from alcoholism and addiction. These studies suggest that sober living should play a prominent role in publicly supported efforts to combat the costly toll of alcoholism and drug addiction.
The National Sober Living Association is dedicated to the recovery of individuals suffering from alcoholism and addiction. So many people still do not have access to safe, affordable, ethically managed and accountable sober living homes as they begin their recovery journey. The Association allows owners/managers of sober living homes and recovery centers to network, helps set high standards for sober living homes and offers education/training which is among the most comprehensive in the nation. The NSLA promotes the establishment, successful management and growth of high quality sober living homes.
We envision the day when every recovering addict and alcoholic in need, regardless of location in the United States, can avail themselves of these services. The reality is far from that situation today because demand for quality sober housing far exceeds supply. That is particularly true for housing that is accessible to those of very low or modest means, and to traditionally underserved populations.
The National Sober Living Association provides a range of services for our members, including but not limited to:
- Information and advocacy for quality sober living homes and recovery centers
- Quarterly training for owners and managers
- Development and promotion of quality assurance standards for sober living home
- Management assistance, including effective implementation of standards
- Providing mentorship to members
- Act as a voice to gain national recognition, respect and legitimacy for sober living homes
- Serve as a resource to state and federal governmental and administrative bodies to assist with policy implications, input on regulations concerning drug and alcohol rehabilitation and treatment, and zoning issues that impact sober living homes
The National Sober Living Association is a nonprofit tax-exempt organization that gratefully accepts donations from those who understand the need for long-term recovery supportive housing and other community-based means of addressing the illness of addiction and alcoholism.
The National Sober Living Association
PO Box 1301
Bismarck, ND 58502
Email: [email protected]